The overall aim of the training programme at this level is to enhance awareness of the basic computer skills and provide the required communication skills and personality development skills inorder for the student to obtain a job after completing the course. The Basic Technician Certificate in Computing, Information and Communication Technology course acts as a bridge for the students who are equiped with good aptitude and computing knowledge to move ahead in their academics by proceeding to higher education as Diploma, Degree etc.
This program aims at equipping students with appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to understand and become successfully in the world of information Technology
- Develop basic computer skills.
- Develop personality and communication skills.
- Provide foundation of basic principles, skills and knowledge that will enhance the graduates carrier development.
- Provide adequate ICT skills and knowledge which will enable to be competent in solving the ICT related problems.
- To prepare student for further studies in ICT related fields
Competence Level Description
TThe holder of the qualification will be able to apply skills and knowledge at routine level
Completion of Semester 1 and 2 will give the student NTA Level 5 qualification
Completion of Semester 1, 2, 3 and 4 will give the student NTA Level 6 qualification
- Certficate of Secondary Education with at least four passes. A pass grade is any grade score equivalent to "D" or higher. OR
- National Vocational Training Award Level III (Trade Test Grade I) from recognised institution.
The Basic Technician Certicate in Computing Information Communication Technology targets form four completed students with:
2 Semesters to be covered in 1 year.