The Placement and Training cell acts as an interface between the students and industries and is dedicated to help the students towards their campus placement and industrial training.The Training and Placement Cell imparts training to students from the first year onwards giving emphasis to motivational skills, communication skills, interpersonal relationships, leadership qualities, group discussions and interview techniques.The Placement Cell also helps the weak students to improve their academic performance by counselling. The Training and Placement Cell provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The database of the students is managed by the cell, which plays a critical role in getting jobs.
- Develop communication abilities by conducting Group discussions and mock interviews with the help of well- equipped Language Lecturers.
- Industry Institute interaction to formalize joint working with industries through MoUs. Under an MoU with many top government departments and private companies, "Your Tomorrow’s Man" program is being conducted.
- Invite Industry and prospective employers to organize campus interviews.
- TProvide fruitful industry-institute interaction.
- Guidance for higher studies by organizing seminars by reputed companies engaged in educational services like test preparation, counselling on admission, scholarships & visa formalities, etc.
- Unique Academy conducts from time to time job fairs to connect companies and students. Last year UNIQUE Academy organised job fairs in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Morogoro, Dodoma, Iringa, Mwanza and Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and Internationally at Australia, USA, UK, India, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa and Nigeria. Many firms from ICT fields participated in these fairs and shortlisted 225 participants for various I.C.T. job roles.
The primary role of the cell would be to: